Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saying Good-Bye

I felt that I should come back one more time and thank all of you for following my blog these past ten weeks. It has been a great experience for me. I have appreciated accomplishing this assigment in blog style because it has pushed me to view history from different angles and aspects. For example, looking for images that spoke to my message was a challenge but it forced me to picture what the Californio women saw and experienced. When writing a paper , you tend to focus a lot of attention of grammar etc., but in a blog it's a bit more relaxed so your personality shines through which, I believe, enables the reader to bond with the writer.

I had the opportunity of turning my blog into a paper for my Modern Latin American History class which challenged me further by driving me to find a point to my blog. Most of all, I was able to prepare a presentation on my paper which I feel went well only because while I presented my paper I felt that I had a solid handle on my subject and argument. I know this is due to my blog research.

Anyway, Thanks Professor for guiding us through this real cool experience. You have helped me to ask questions that enabled me to look for a deeper meaning in my research. I know there is more I could have done and looked for and perhaps I'll have another opportunity to do so. For now, Adios and Good-bye.

Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment